Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return delivery to vendor with excise duty..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

can anybody explain me about the return delivery to vendor with step by step procedures .

Pls consider the material as excisable . Explain me with some clear example data.

Thanks

MM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If LIV and Payment to Vendor is done then

1. ME21N - Create a Returns PO (Activate "Returns" indicator for PO line item)

2. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Purchase Order (Returns PO) (Here system will hit Mvmt type "161" and you can also select Un-restricted/blocked stock from where you want to return the stock)

3. J1IS u2013 Excise Invoice Other Movements

Here click on u201Ccreateu201D button to create an outgoing excise invoice and reverse the CENVAT Amount.

Here put all details as below and Press u201CEnteru201D.

Ref.doc.type - MATD, Doc Number - Material document No of 161 mvmt, Doc Year, Series Group, Excise Group, Vendor

Here check BED, ECS and SECess values to be reversed and click on u201CSaveu201D button to post the excise invoice.

4. J1IV - Post and Print Outgoing Excise Invoice.

5. MIRO - Credit memo w.r.t. Returns PO.

If LIV and Payment to Vendor is not done then

1. MIGO - Return delivery > Material Document (Here refer GR doc, system will determine mvmt type "122" automatically, select Stock type as "Blocked Stock" under Where tab)

2. J1IS - Excise Invoice Other Movements

Here click on u201Ccreateu201D button to create an outgoing excise invoice and reverse the CENVAT Amount.

Ref.doc.type - MATD, Doc Number - Material document No of 122 mvmt, Doc Year, Series Group, Excise Group, Vendor

Here check BED, ECS and SECess values to be reversed and click on u201CSaveu201D button to post the excise invoice.

3. J1IV - Post and Print Outgoing Excise Invoice.

4. MIRO - Credit memo w.r.t. Original PO.

Note: - Excise Transactions to be followed if CIN functionality is in use.

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

6 REPLIES 6

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Welcome To SDN

> Please Read the Rules and Use the Search

> Happy Posting

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/26/ce653a5aa1ed49e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Please Go thru the above link for Return Po Reasons.

The Return PO Process Would be :

Create a Return Purchase Order with Return Item Indicator.

Make a Goods Receipt against the Return Po of which 161 Movement will automatically takes Place.

Create a Excise Invoice for Other Movements Using J1IS & J1IV (If the Material is Excisable)

Create a Credit Memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Steps for return delivery

1)Create MIGO by selecting the return delivery as option.

Select only capture excise invoice option in Excise Tab

(this will update ur PartI entries).

2)Post the Excise invoice in J1IV transaction.

(this will updates ur payable accounts.Part II also if immediate utilisation is there)

3)Get the excise invoice print out by J1IP T-Code.

4)If invoice is booked against the vendor then Create a credit memo else dont do it.

i think with help of this u can map the scenario .

regards,

sujit

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If LIV and Payment to Vendor is done then

1. ME21N - Create a Returns PO (Activate "Returns" indicator for PO line item)

2. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Purchase Order (Returns PO) (Here system will hit Mvmt type "161" and you can also select Un-restricted/blocked stock from where you want to return the stock)

3. J1IS u2013 Excise Invoice Other Movements

Ref.doc.type - MATD, Doc Number - Material document No of 161 mvmt, Doc Year, Series Group, Excise Group, Vendor

4. J1IV - Post and Print Outgoing Excise Invoice.

5. MIRO - Credit memo w.r.t. Returns PO.

If LIV and Payment to Vendor is not done then

1. MIGO - Return delivery > Material Document (Here refer GR doc, system will determine mvmt type "122" automatically, select Stock type as "Blocked Stock" under Where tab)

2. J1IS - Excise Invoice Other Movements

Ref.doc.type - MATD, Doc Number - Material document No of 122 mvmt, Doc Year, Series Group, Excise Group, Vendor

3. J1IV - Post and Print Outgoing Excise Invoice.

4. MIRO - Credit memo w.r.t. Original PO.

Note: - Excise Transactions to be followed if CIN functionality is in use.

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

when i tried to do return PO, then Migo, then at that time excise tab came, and i was asked for material issue indicator, which i tried to enter the available options , it was not taking, any idea on that.

and secondly, if we capture excise duty at migo level do we have to go for J1IS again?

Regards,

Asif Mohammed A

0 Kudos

Hi

During MIGO for a return PO for an excisable item always select no excise entry.

Then create an excise invoice in J1IS wrt this mat document.

Post and print it in J1IV

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, I followed this process, but in J1IS the business area is not reflecting.

Kindly suggest how to default business area in J1IS.

Regards

Subhash P.