cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Divetiture of Company Not happening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to divest a company. In Master Data -> Consolidation Unit -> Consolidation Group I specified the period and year for divetiture.

Now when I run consolidation task and also Group Change task, but its giving message, "Processing Not Necessary."

Its not doing showing that divested company in the right parent. My questions:

1. What else I have to do in additon to above to divest company. In my opnion the system should automaticaly post necessary entries for divestiture.

2. At what side and where the company should show in report after divestiture.

Experts help needed.

best regards,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You must also enter in AFD or totals records, according to investment location of values, the divestiture activity. If AFD, this is reversing out existing investment (negative) value and % ownership. In Totals it is the same except for whatever means you established to indicate divestiture activity (movement type or whatever else).

2. Even though there may be data in the BCS totals database, after divestiture, the cons unit will not show up in any of the reports as the BCS logic recognizes the divestiture to mean no longer included in the cons group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan,

Little clarification,

We have AFD in Location of Values for Investment.

We are improting data from ECC. If we pass entry in ECC reversing the Investement. Do we still required to make entry in BCS in AFD for investement reversal?

Thanks

Ashwin Nagar

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes and AFD entry for divestiture is still required as well as the corresponding changes to the period of divestiture in the master data of the cons groups for which that cons unit is a part of.