Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidating data of SAP Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I wish to consolidate data within SAP Business One. Now, the scenario here is,

I have 4 subsidiary companies using SAP Business One at each end, also the head office where the data is to be consolidated uses SAP B1. Can I be able to consolidate the subsidiary companies data into head office using SAP MDM?

I have read few articles on SAP MDM which helps consolidating data, but each article suggested to have R3 at the head office end. Is SAP MDM compatible with SAP B1?? Will it help me consolidate data if I have B1 at target end??? If not SAP MDM what other means through which I can use to consolidate data within SAP B1??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

There are three other options available to synchronise information between Business One that I'm aware of:

- B1iSN 2007. This is an integration tool designed to integrate R/3 system to Business One but can be customised to synchronise Business One databases. [http://service.sap.com/smb/sbo/b1i]

- BC Sets. This is a partner created add-on that is specifically designed to synchronise Business One systems. It holds all financial data in one central database and synchronises all master data across the systems.

- Finally, a more complex approach would be to develop your own solution using the Business Objects of the SDK.

For more information on any of these approaches I would suggest contacting your local SAP field office.

Regards,

Niall

SAP Business One Forums

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

SAP MDM is a R/3 product only I believe. You could take a look at the B1i integration platform as this may be capable of doing what you want. The B1i forum can be found here:

Though originally written to allow for easier integration between SBO and R/3, it is now capable of passing data between SBO companies. I'd definitely recommend you pose your question on the above forum. There are also third party integration tools out there that can consolidate data but, if the B1i can do it, then the benefit is that B1i ships as standard with SBO 2007A (I'm not sure about its availability for other versions or localisations).

Alternatively, you could look at a reporting tool such as Paris Technologies PowerAnalytics (http://www.olap.com/). This is capable of generating consolidated reports without having to consolidate the data in to one database.

Kind Regards,

Owen