Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch classification during GR against production order using txn MIGO

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am usng batch classification during for movement type 101, when am doing the GR against production order using txn MB31 the system automatically navigates to classification screen wherein i need to enter the characterstic value & it all goes well, I can also view the stock with batch no and the classifcation value when the GR is being done with txn MB1.

But when am dong the same thing i.e. GR against production order using txn MIGO system doesnt navigates to classification screen for characterstic value entry and am able to do the posting. I want that system must navigate to classification screen automatically if i do the GR using MIGO also as it doen in the case of txn MB31.

Please suggest what settings are to be done for the same, I am unable to figure out why the system is behaving in this manner. Kindly provide your inputs to sort out this issue. Waiting for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

OMCV, For classification

Once the MIGO is posted for a material we do get classification butoon under the batch tab at the item level clicking on which the batch classification is displayed.

For automatic classifiction

Also please check BADI MB_MIGO_BADI and user exits EXIT_SAPLIE01_007 (enhancements IQSM0007) as well.

SAPNote 519303 - FAQ: Goods movement with Transaction MIGO

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Oct 6, 2008 12:29 PM

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input

Yes we do get the classification push-button under the batch tab page in txn MIGO, but what i want is that the system to automatically navigate to classification screen as in the case of txn MB31 when am doing GR, but it doenst happen in case of MIGO.

I went through the user exit EXIT_SAPLIE01_007 (enhancements IQSM0007) & came to now that it is used to transfer the data for a goods movement into serial no management & has got nothing to do with the classfication.

Still not able to figure out how the sys will react in the required manner. Shall be waiting for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

did u refer SAP Note 519303 ?

After keeping Batch Classification as 4 in OMCV, in MIGO, it will start showing the Batch Classification button under "Batch" Tab, it will not show the Batch Classification Pop-up automatically as it shows in case of MB31.

If you wan users to enter the characteristics values mandatorily in the Batch Classification then in CT04 for these characteristics activate Entry required indicator in "Basic Data" Tab

SAP Note 519303

Please refer this also,

[MIGO|]

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks very much R.Brahmankar

I made the charcterstic value entry mandatory and also the note 519303 you referred me helped me a lot, its clearly mentioned in the note that one cannot automatically go from txn MIGO to the batch classification dialog, but one can use adjustable system message (txn OCHS) LB 045 to ensure that the complete classification data is entered.

By doing these settings the system throws an error message if user tries to do the GR using txn MIGO without entering the characterstic value.

I am thankful to you for your valuable inputs, it has cleared all my doubts & provided me complete solution.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Answers (0)