Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release the Background Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I 've defined th background jobs using transaction SM36.

The status show scheduled.

I want to set it as released. How to set release the background job?

Thanks,

RPN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please select the job and on the right top left hand corner of your screen you have a release button. Click on that.

You will have an optiont to release it immediately, later, on a specified date etc. You choose your option.

If this still does not release your job contact your basis consultant as you do not have authorization to release it.

Regrads,

Pramod

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please select the job and on the right top left hand corner of your screen you have a release button. Click on that.

You will have an optiont to release it immediately, later, on a specified date etc. You choose your option.

If this still does not release your job contact your basis consultant as you do not have authorization to release it.

Regrads,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SM37...select the Radio button scheduled....and execute....

then select the job ...click on release button on the top...

Regards,

Omkaram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SM37 , Give the Jobname that you have created first then Check the check box sched i.e scheduled in job status section and put relevevant date for the job created and then press on execute button.

Then check that job from left hand side and press Release button on top.

thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in sm36 itself you will the option in the application tool bar

Release option will be there

click on that