Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai SAP gurus,

In VOPA, i used to configure with the partner object "Customer Master" icon on

Please clarify me, in which business scenarios, the other Partner Objects such as "Sales Document Header", "Delivery", "Transport", " Billing Header" are used

Regards

Geetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I would like to know about the uses of Partner Determination Procedure Setup in various partner objects in customizing like,

a) Customer Master b) Sales Document Header c) Sales Document Item d) Delivery e) Shipment

f) Billing Header g) Billing Item i) Sales Activities

and also I need the examples of various scenarios in each partner object level.

Smiles,

Giri

Edited by: Giridharan Manokaran on Jan 7, 2009 11:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Partners appear in the system at various levels, such as in the customer master, sales document header, sales document items and so on.

You can define your own partner determination procedures for each of these levels.

A partner determination procedure is where you determine which partner functions may or must appear.

You determine areas of validity by assigning procedures.

Following rules should be used to perform automatic partner determination.

1. Define the partner functions that differentiate the roles of partners in your system.

2. Define the partner determination procedure, and assign the key of the relevant partner object to this procedure.

3. Assign the partner functions you define to the account groups.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Geetha

For normal sale order process itself, you need to maintain the values in other tabs like Sales Document Header, Sales Document Item etc.,

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

path - IMG - Sales and Distribution  Basic Functions  Partner Determination  Set Up Partner Determination 

Partn. Function Name Account Group Name

SP Sold-to-party VERB Affiliated Companies u2013 BP

BP Bill-to-party VERB Affiliated Companies u2013 BP

PY Payer VERB Affiliated Companies u2013 BP

SH Ship-to-party VERB Affiliated Companies u2013 BP

partner function assign to account group

Partn. Function Name Account Group Name

SP Sold-to-party YDUM Dummy Customer

BP Bill-to-party YDUM Dummy Customer

PY Payer YDUM Dummy Customer

SH Ship-to-party YDUM Dummy Customer

account group assign to partner determination

step helpful u

regards,

ramu

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Geetha,

If you used to configure with the partner object "Customer Master" it will applicable only for cuatomer i.e you will be able to create the customer master with your account group and partner functions assignment in your partner determination procedure.

But you can't use this customer in Sales orders Header , item , in delievry, in billing functions so to perferm all these functions with that customer you need ti assign same partner procedure to all these areas in the customisation.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.