cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open view in new window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have the search view on top and results in T-layout(180) in a component.

I need to put a button on top of results view to open results view only new browser window.

How can i do it? may i know the process atleast.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with dialog boxes and createexternalwindow but the thing, if you create extrernal window with url,it is not sharing the context.

Deepak suggestion is looks good for me, do i have to pass the parameters from one app to another app.

i want pass the parameters from search to new app means, i think i have to include new app as used component in search.

thanks for quick responses.

Damodhar.

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Damodhar,

U want to open a view in a window, then why not pop up window. Since it is within the same component, the data can be mapped between the views by a component controller mapping. If u r creating a view in another application with different component, then u have to call that app with url and pass parameter. But I think you can create another window in the same component of an application , call the view in another window with an action of a view in ur current window.And also if u want to pass parameter u can map it through component controller.

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can pass parameters easilly between windows in same components

See this post

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing you can do is create a new application within your project. Put your results view in this application. Now since this is another application you can get the URL of this application and call this via the external link method. This will open a separate browser window.

If you need to pass any parameters use the interface controller of your new application and pass parameters from the main application to this one.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Damodhar,

Try forum search, search term is: new AND browser AND window.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to open a new window do pop up window.

Check with this link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/di... boxes in web dynpro applications.pdf

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman