SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of MRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are facing one condition : For some cases if we create a mro then it automatically goes to EL29 instead of going to EL28, and it is taking meter readings of previous MRO.

Please guide me to solve this error.

Please guide its very urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 7, 2008 9:05 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u tell me the mr control assign to this particular installation and what are the values assign to this mr control.?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are we talking about mass-handling or online handling?

In mass handling, I'd first create the MRO's, then select the ones for which to enter meter readings automatically and fill the meter readings (there are FMs for that).

Online, I think you'll need some kind of a custom wrapper transaction around EL01, EL28 and EL29.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing this problem in individual entry cases.

Please guide us.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Looking at the user-exits available (transaction SMOD, search for stuff starting with EDM*), I don't see a nicely integrated way to do this.

There might a possibility to "abuse" a client-specific plausibility check to change the MR, but that'll require creative programming and serious abuse of the system (I'm not a big fan of building ZAP applications instead of SAP).

My best suggestion would be making a custom meter reading entry transaction, that uses EL01, EL28 and EL29 internally as you deem necesarry. Then get your end-users to only use the custom transaction, so that the business rules are enforced.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually when a Meter reading order gets created for a particular

installation then "Meter Reading Status" becomes "4" automatically for some particular registers.And all the registers in that MRO are picking readings from prevously created MRO(already billed).

Please guide us to solve this problem.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 15, 2008 7:52 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to above query to explain more please also read the following description:

if we create a new MRO through EL01 then MRO is automatically picking up the same meter readings for all the registers of the previous MRO which was already billed and moves to EL29 automatically.For some particular installations it is happening.

Please reply....its very urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 16, 2008 8:46 AM

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 17, 2008 8:52 AM

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 18, 2008 8:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u tell me the mr control assign to this particular installation and what are the values assign to this mr control.?

0 Kudos

Hi,

MR Control field is blank.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 20, 2008 9:46 AM

0 Kudos

Hi vash

there is no necessary to provide mr control .its not mandatory..incase if u given then it will have the maximum number of meter reading orders that particluar bp must hold.

kr

raj

raj on Oct 20, 2008 10:25 AM

raj on Oct 20, 2008 10:26 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide to solve the requested query.

Please reply..its very urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 21, 2008 10:57 AM

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 22, 2008 8:26 AM

0 Kudos

hey vash

can u specify exectly in vat case its occuring??

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are facing one condition : For some cases if we create a mro then it automatically goes to EL29 instead of going to EL28, and it is taking meter readings of previous MRO.

Please guide me to solve this error.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

very funny....

copy pasting is not i meant

iu have mentioned some cases let me know vat case

pls dnt copy paste ur query i can read it myself by dragging

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Hi,

My request was please guide me how can we resolve a situation in which for some installations, when a MRO is created it automatically moves to EL29 instead of EL28.

And it automatically picks up meter readings from previous months billed MRO.

Suppose we have two installations from same MRU.

When we create a mro for first installation for a particular sch.MR date it goes to EL28.

When we create mro for Second installation for the same sch.MR date it goes to EL29 and picking up the Meter Readings from the MRO of last billing.

Please guide.

It is very urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 22, 2008 8:59 AM

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 22, 2008 9:00 AM

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Oct 22, 2008 10:56 AM

0 Kudos

Other option I see:

There's a user-exit during the creation of MRO's. (sorry, don't have SAP at hand, so I can't look up the name for you, look in SMOD for something with EDM*). This user-exit is normally only ment to change the meter reading type, but maybe you can look into it and see if you can extend it to do your things too.

0 Kudos

I guess Kevin De Wilde is telling this user-exit

EDMLELAA IS-U: User-defined meter reading type check it.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please guide i have tried your suggestion, but i did not get the solution.

I appreciate your help.

Please guide me.

Thanks and Regards