cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Employee Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anybody tell me how to create an employee with alpha numeric value in pa30?

Eg: TT0001.

regards.,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As rightly said we cant have alpha numeric numbers... You can have external & Internal number range. You can also have different number ranges for different employee groups.... concerned feature is NUMKR feture..

Hope this answer solves ur query.

Regards

Harshvardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

Yes there is a exit But SAP not recomand it to create employee number Alpha numeric

Even it is not best pratice to do so. If it is mandatory for your business process you can still do it.

Another solution for it is you create new number for employee and keep the alpha numeric as alternative ID which you can maintain infotype 0031 or 0032 i am not sure about the infotype please check

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

In SAP, we cant't create Alpha-numeric no.s It supports only numerical values. And the configuration we will do in Personnel Management->Personnel Administration->Basic Settings-->Maintain number range intervals for Personnel numbers & Determine default for Number ranges.

Correct me if am wrong........

Thanks & Regards

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i know that this could not b possible with number range assignment..

But do we have any exit to create with alpha numeric value

Regards,

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

only numeric is advisable not aplha numeric

as there will be some technicla problems in pay roll simulations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

Yes, as the others have already pointed out, its not possible to create alphanumeric personnel numbers.

One way is to create the normal numeric PERNRs in SAP and store the alphanumeric value as a reference in one of the subtypes of IT0105 (Communication Infotype). You might have to cretae a customized subtype for it.

Hope this is helpful.

Swapna.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check

PA04 for number ranges