Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping of MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please help me in following senario,

I am having one main characteristics say MIC 001

This MIC 001 is gets the value from the addition of three different char. MIC 0002, MIC003 & MIC004, how to incorporate this scenario in SAP.

Aslo, in the COA, I have to disply in the following manner,

MIC 0001 ( main char )

( range will displayed for this main char in COA)

MIC002

MIC003

MIC004

Pl. give your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As shymal told, make use of calculated characteristics.

And if u want to print the result of main mic then assign only this main mic in your certificate profile.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

But I am able to identify the correct formula parameter to choose from, every time it showing error.

Please tell me how to go for it.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To calculate a value for a calculated characteristic, enter a formula in this field. The formula will be evaluated by the SAP formula interpreter in the following places:

In the task list (checked for correct syntax)

The function module CHECK_FORMULA checks whether a formula stored as a literal or as variable has the correct syntax.

In results recording (when the value of the calculated characteristic is to be calculated)

Example

A formula can be structured as follows (with the standard settings):

Characteristic 10 stands for the length and characteristic 20 stands for the width. Characteristic 30 represents the area and is to be calculated from characteristics 10 and 20.

Characteristic 30 is therefore a calculated characteristic with the following formula:

General: Area = Length * Width

Formula interpreter: Area = ppnnnn * ppnnnn

The variable 'pp' defines the formula parameter and 'nnnn' represents the characteristic from which the value of the formula parameter is taken.

Example: Area = C00010 * C00020

'C0' stands for the arithmetic mean value and '0010' or '0020' for the respective characteristic.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Oct 6, 2008 2:08 PM

Or let me know, what is the calculation you are looking for ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every thing is working fine with result recording field, but in COA I want to display the range of main char & want to display the description of dependent char, not the result values and the range of these dependent parameters.

Please suggest if this can be possible in standard SAP so that I can close the thread.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

If u want to print only specification of main mic on certificate then assign this mic in your certificate profile.

And to print print the descrition of dependent characteristics against this main mic; create text ( same as dependent characteristics ) for this main mic and chang short text orign to "characterictics for the certificate profile "

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Check possibility at COA profile it self.

I think there is an option available to print the desire text.

See in the field "Short Text Origin", Set the option as "Charac. for the certificate profile".

And define the "Short Text" in the Texts available for each line item of MIC in the COS profile.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Really very helpful answers from both of u sirs,

Here in the certificate short text field length is not sufficient for me to print the whole description for all the dependent characteristics, if I can by some way insert long text in my COA, will I have to write a new functional module for inserting the long text??

Regards,

Amit Shirsath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Sit with you ABAPer. And make some little changes in the printing from layout. Then you will able to meet the requirement.

You have the text inserted in SAP, then the developer can make it fetch it.

Best Of luck!!!

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for solving my issue.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

In what sense, you are asking this? I mean if you are looking for some formula for "MIC 0001" like

MIC 0001 = (MIC 0002*MIC 0003)/MIC 0004, then yes it is available in SAP.

You need to is Activate the "Cal Char" Control indicator in the inspection plan for MIC 0001. Then system will ask you to maintain the formula for the MIC. Where set the formula. e.g.MIC 0002*MIC 0003)/MIC 0004.

Note:- The rest MICs should be there in the Inspection plan, under the same operation as individual line item.

Regards,

Shyamal