Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

difference betweencomponent controller,Custom controller&Interfacecontrolle

Hi all

what is the main difference b/w component controller , custom controller & interface controller.

i want to know the difference of these three in the real time environment.

if anybody explains me with any simple example then it is great help to me....

Thanks

Suresh babu.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Suresh ,

Hi,

Component Controller and Custom Controller are more or less the same. Both are related to a particular component in the webdynpro application you create.

Component Controller:-

For each component of yours there will be a component controller, were in you can define context variables and methods, events etc.. This usefull while using models.

Simple example where we can see this is, when you create global context variable in this controller and map this variable to the view controller context variable of different view, which enables you to pass the value of the variable from one view to another.

Custome Controller:-

They also have the same the function but as the name suggest there function can be customised. That is we can have more than one custom controller for a component. This is usefull when we need to create seperate execute methods for inputs from model import( Both webservice and rfc call).So you can seperate each other. Example is there in the more sample codes and application section.

Interface Controller:

There is only one interface controller for a component. It is mainly used when we need to communicate between two components.There is sample application for communication between two components in the sample codes and application section.

I think this is enough to get an idea on the difference between each of controllers.

ref

Component Controller,Custom Controller,interface controller

the difference between Custom controllers and Component Controller

Koti Reddy

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question