cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range problem for Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with a client for implementation of PM module. This client was already implemented SAP for some other plants,

because of the process difference in system we are implementing SAP as a seperate, rather than rollout project.

Now I have a doubt about number ranges. Whether I need to define different number range for all, like orders, notificaions, maintenance plans and tasklist, Other wise Can I go head with the same number ranges which already defined in their production system(presently running).

Can any one brief me on this please?

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

NO - don't just accept the current settings... that's a VERY dangerous thing to do..

You need to review ALL the current PM number ranges and determine if will be large enough to accomodate the additional plant(s). If they are not, then at some point in time no-one will be able to create documents such as orders GLOBALLY...

A small number of companies have number ranges by location or plant, document type, etc. You need to determine if this is the case for your client and go through the same process above.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pete,

I have gone throgh the existing number ranges, the range what they given is sound enough. I am going ahead with the same number ranges.

If I requires all orders are in sequence, is there any facility rather than defining additional number range?

Regards

Srinivas

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I requires all orders are in sequence, is there any facility rather than defining additional number range?

Can you please give more details..

PeteA

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas

Go with different number ranges

PeteA is correct - I suggest you please heed to his advise

You will in future endup in trouble if you go the other way

by the way there is no way to sequence or group numbers - infact for that very reason there are number ranges !!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

its better to go with same number ranges.

-ashok

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can go ahead with same number range since the plant is different.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai