regard's

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is to create an alternative BOM with the proper components, assign this alternative BOM to a production version, then assign the production version to the subcontracting info record.

(other solution is to create an alternative BOM where the SFGs are phantom assies - you can set the SFGs as phantom assies in the BOM and it will have no effect on your original BOM). The other steps (production version, info records) are the same as in the first case.

Search in SAP help for subcontracting with production version.

Regards,

Csaba

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

In your scenario you provide the raw material to the subcontracting vendor and he makes the semi-finished and then convert it to finished goods and provide that to you back as finished product?

Either you can give different subcontracting PO for semi-finished and finished products or change your BOM with the raw materials that u require for the final product.

Regards

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If you do subcontracting then it is meant to be via getting done end product from the subcontractor, giving the semifinished material to vendor etc...

So if you explode BOM for fininshed material then wht will you obtain from subcontractor???

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi priyanka

In MY scenario CLIENT provide the raw material to the subcontracting vendor and he makes the semi-finished and then convert it to finished goods and provide that to US back as finished product

HOW I CAN CREAT PO FOR MULTIPal bom

adwait_bachuwar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

as per your explanation you are sending raw materials to the vendor and get finished material from him. please see the reply given by Gregory Matthews. as per his suggestion or its more logical that you maintain an BOM for finished material which contains only raw materials. since the semifinished material stage is at subcontractors place.

if you are getting the semifinished materials also then you have to make two subcontracting purchase orders. one for finished material and one for semifinished. there for finished mat you will make one more thing at the delivery address check the box and select the same vendor if you want to assign the same semifinished mat. for final mat.