Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Inbox search

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is related to Agent Inbox search. I understand that as standard, the inbox search works on Header level of the documents like Service Order. Our requirement is to search the Inbox by product/item no. which is Item level of a Service Order and display result list accordingly.

Another requirement is to search the inbox by 'Reason code' of service order (General, Complaint, Suggestion, etc)

How can this be done?

Helpful replies would be suitably rewarded.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepa,

I would imagine you'd need to use the Inbox BADI - CRM_IC_INBOX_BADI.

This BADI includes methods such as BFORE_SEARCH and AFTER_SEARCH which you should be able to manipulate as you require.

It is a big BADI though, and the Inbox search is complicated. You may find it easier to use the Service Order search facility rather than the Agent Inbox.

I hope this helps - please award points if useful.

Thanks,

Andrew Griffin.

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response. How can I use the Service Order Search in ICWC?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepa,

Can I just clarify with you please? You're referring to the "ICWC" which is the abbreviation for the Interaction Centre WebClient. The Interaction Centre WebClient is no longer available in CRM 2007, as it has been superceded by the Web UI. In your other post that I answered you were referring to implementing CRM 2007.

Can I just check whether you are referring to the ICWC or the Web UI for this post?

Many thanks,

Andrew Griffin.

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

We are using IC WebClient (ICWC) and CRM 2007 is the version. ICWC is not superceded by CRM WebUI in 2007. ICWC is used in Interaction Center scenario, whereas CRM Web UI is used for other CRM scenarios like Marketing, Trade Promotion, etc. But they both are CRM version 2007.

My question is specifically related to Agent Inbox search in ICWC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepa,

Please refer to SAP Note 1118231 (Supported user interfaces for SAP CRM) which states in relation to CRM 2007:

"The only supported user interface for business functions in SAP CRM is the CRM WebClient user interface (CRM WebClient UI)."

Thanks,

Andrew G.

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I've checked out Note 1118231 and it does mentions "The only supported user interface for business functions in SAP CRM is the CRM WebClient user interface (CRM WebClient UI)"

But this is also true that IC Webclient UI for CRM 2007 behaves differently than CRM Web UI. (for ex: IC scenario Service Order screen is different that Service scenario Service order screen. IC also does not support concept of Assignment Blocks and Overview Pages)

Thanks,

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Andrew,

To your previous suggestion of using Service Order search in IC, I have added the SRV-HOME workcenter to my IC_AGENT role and I'm also able to successfully search for Service Orders using search.

The issue is that when a Service Order is selected from the result list, it opens up in Service scenario Service Order screen (and not IC scenario Service Order screen). We want them to open in same screen in which they were created, which is, IC scenario Service order screen...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepa,

I may be misunderstanding your comments, but it sounds to me as if you are using the following Service Order search from SRV_HOM:

Work Center: SRV-HOME

Group ID: SRV-ORD-SR

LogLink ID: SRV-ORD-SR

This LogLink points to Target ID TBT116MSR which is the Service Order Search.

Try creating your own 'z' logical link as a direct copy of SRV_ORD_SR, then change the target ID from TBT116MSR to TBT116TMSR (note the additional 'T' after the '116'). TBT116TMSR should be the IC screen you require

Create a direct copy of SRV-ORD-SR (work center link group), remove the link for SRV-ORD-SR and add your 'z' copy. Dont forget to set visibility of this new logical link in your business role.

This should give you what you want.

Please let me know if you need any further clarification regarding where to do this config.

Thanks, and good luck,

Andrew G.

Edited by: Andrew Griffin on Oct 27, 2008 12:39 PM

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for your response.

As you said, I tried to change the Logical Link Target ID from TBT116MSR to TBT116TMSR, but TBT116TMSR is for Service Order Templates. So now I'm getting search screen for Service Order Templates which I don't want.

I think the Logical Link Target ID TBT116MSR is the one I need as it opens up Service Order search view which is what I want.

My problem is that after searching from this view, when I click on a Service Order from the Result List, it opens up the Service Order in Service scenario Service Order screen (BT116_SRVO) but I want it to open up in IC scenario Service Order screen (ICCMP_BT_SVO). I don't know where to change that....

Please help!

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepa,

I apologise, I think I misinterpreted your issue.

I suspect that you need to define your Outbound Plug (OP) for the search screen. On your Navigation Bar Profile, Create an entry in folder 'Override Generic OP Mapping for component'. Your component name is BT116S_SRVO and your Object Type is BT116_SRVO.

I confess I havent been able to get this to work yet, but I was working with the Target ID 'IC_SVO' and LogLink ID 'IC_BT_SVO'. initially create an entry for Obj. Action 'Display' and see how you get on. hopefully you'll have more luck than I did.

All the best - I hope this points you in the right direction.

Andrew Griffin.

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did create an OP under 'Override Generic OP Mapping for component' with these values:

Profile - My Nav Bar profile

Component Name - BT116S_SRVO

Object Type - BT116_SRVO

Target ID - IC_SVO (either one of Target ID or Log Link ID is required. I used Target ID)

Highlighted Link ID - IC_BT_SVO

But it didn't work! I still see service scenario screen when I click on a Service Order from result list...

I think the approach you mentioned is in the right direction, but why its not working is the question.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepa,

I'm afraid I was also unable to get this to work, having maintained the same settings that you have maintained.

Due to other commitments I'm afraid I cant look it at it for the time being, but I will come back to it unless you fix it first.

The only other thing I can think of is that you may be able to do it by setting up the Component Definition (it doesnt appear to be currently defined) for BT116S_SRVO, along with an Outbound Plug definition. It's a long shot but it might be whats required.

To do this go to transaction SPRO to the IMG and follow path:

SAP Implementation Guide > Customer Relationship Management > UI Framework > Technical Role Definition > Define Work Area Component Repository

Again, this is all theoretical as I havent had chance to play with it.

Hope this helps, all the best,

Andrew G.

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I tried to work with Component definition but couldn't make it work for our requirement.

In my project, now we are using different approach, but I would very much like to know how to make this work!

Thanks,