Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item status not found

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a new sales order with 3 line items and saved it. But later when I tried updating the order, it gave an express message saying update was terminated and message in SBWP was "Item status for material ** and item ** not found". I checked VBUP table and found that there are entries for two line items but not the third one.

I tried removing the third line item manually, but transaction gave a short dump raising exception ITEM_STATUS_NOT_FOUND. For this problematic item, the material and quantity come disabled even in change mode.

Other sales orders are working fine. I created another sales order with similar materials and partners and again the same problem.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Anuraag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

For some strange (and dangerous LOL) reason the VBUP entry is missing for one of the line items for you. I had a similar problem and I used SAP Note 84698.

This is just a correction program provided by SAP. Ask your ABAPer to copy the code provided by SAP and create a program. You can then execute this program by providing the sale order number as input parameter. The program will create a VBUP entry for your sales order depending on your configuration.

If the VBUP entry is not created then there is something wrong with your config.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag

Go to VA02 and double click on item level and reach to Staus tab and see the object status of that item.

Thenm Go to BS22 and locate I0175 and press 2 times and change the staus as per curent requirement, save and go back.

ur prpbs will be solved.

thanks

mahesh

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh

I did not understand your solution fully. Here is the item status :

Status are as below :

Processing status

Overall Status : open

reason of rejection : blank (editable)

Delivery Status : Not Delivered

Completeness

Item Data : complete

Item data for deliver : complete

Item billing data : Complete

Can please explain again ?

Thanks

Anuraag

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

The completion rule is blank. Incomplete procedure is some custom value which seems to be copy of 20.

Everything seems to be fine here.

Anuraag

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anuraag

I have a feeling that the problem could be due to this also. So why dont you to maintain the Completion Rule for your item category and then try to create a fresh sale order ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Okay. I will tell functional team to make changes and then try.

But i wonder the problem is only for some orders only. If the problem is completion procedure then problem should be there in all sales order of similar order type.

Anuraag

Edited by: Anuraag Aggarwal on Oct 6, 2008 8:12 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anurag

Check in material master Sales: sales org.1 view whether any block is set at Distribution Channel level which you would find under the tab "General Data".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I checked material master but block is not set. In sales order that material is also present as second item but problem is with third one.

Thanks Anuraag

Edited by: Anuraag Aggarwal on Oct 6, 2008 6:38 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anuraag

Can you please let me know the error message number.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Message class : VI

Number: 200

Include name : LV05IFAP

Line number : 39

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anuraag

Not sure whether all the three line items are having same item category.

Anyway, please check the following:-

- Select your item category in VOV7 and see what "Completion Rule" you have maintained. Also in VOV7 below you can see a tab "Transaction Flow". There most probably, you would have maintained "20" for "Incompletion Proced".

- Go to OVA2, block "20 - Standard Item" and double click on "Fields" There you would have maintained some incompletion log which would not have been updated in sale order. Check that.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi