Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few keyboard special characters are coming as # in printout

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

We are facing a problem with dunning letter. We have script which will be triggered from F150 transaction for printing the dunning letters.

In the hard coded text we have 2 special characters. One is -(Hiphen) and other is '(Apostrophe). When we issue the print to screen every thing is fine. When we generate the spool then also it is showing fine in spool. But when we convert this spool to PDF (Using report RSTXPDFT4) or issue the print from spool we are getting # symbol in place of above mentioned characters. Any one has any idea on why is this happening and workaround for this problem?

Thanks,

Vinod.

Any ideas......

Edited by: Vinod Reddy Vemuru on Oct 6, 2008 10:19 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naveen_kumar116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,,,

In Print preview is it populated correctly means its proplem in printer or while converting that spool in PDF format.

Check in that program whether the values in populated in # or -

& `.....

6 REPLIES 6

naveen_kumar116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,,,

In Print preview is it populated correctly means its proplem in printer or while converting that spool in PDF format.

& `.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Ideas ...

May be in your system not installed correct fonts.

Beside me at one time was a similar problem.

And was solved: with report RSTXPDF2 I have loaded necessary fonts and all became to work fine.

naveen_kumar116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,,,

& `.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Sometimes special characters come when we press 'Enter'. I thinnk, this is the reason of #' in your text.You can not remove it using find and replace.

DATA: t_text TYPE TABLE OF tline WITH HEADER LINE,

t_stream TYPE TABLE OF char255 WITH HEADER LINE.

CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_STREAM_TO_ITF_TEXT'

EXPORTING

language = sy-langu

TABLES

itf_text = t_text[]

text_stream = t_stream[].

t_stream is input text with '#'.

this FM will return text in table t_text without any special characters.

Try this once.

Regards,

Aparna

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help.

What we did was, Directly copied the text from word file. That is why the problem. Then first we copied from word to note pad. Later copied from note pad to script editor. Now it is working fine.

Thanks,

Vinod.

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

How do I use script editor to correct this kind of error in PO. My issue is stated below. I am not an ABAPer and I will really appreciate a step-by-step guide on how you resolved this issue.

Thank you in advance.

We have printing issue with POs. Users in other countries need to be able to print the PO to display special characters like:

Ä/ä,Ö/ö, Ü/ü

However, when we preview the PO from ME9F, it looks just fine with the special characters in them. But when printed or trial-printed, those special characters are replaced by space, #, ", etc.

I will appreciate your solutions.

Joel.