cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User can't enter data..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am facing a very weird issue in BPS users are now trying to enter forecasting data but they are getting fileds greyed out 9system message range is locked) when I try to enter using my id I can enter the data. In fact if I use any id other than finace users I can enter teh data.

Tried checking security but doesn't help. any idea what could be possible error here?

Many Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the dataslices?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is most likely the case of Lock issues than auth issue.

Goto SM12 trn and look for the lock objects and it's arguments to look for those locked data.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nataraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using any user-defined variables and it has been initialised to your ID, then no one else can enter the data. It will be locked. In that case, you can go to the variable definition and there will be a check box for "Input allowed by User". Check that box and then try.

Please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I did try but it doesn't help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check their authorizations whether they have the authorization to change the layout or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks..

I gave the user SAP_ALL but still can't enter the data but when I tried via backend ( Plan area-man planning-Layout-Enter plan data) I was able to enter the data.

So I think issue here could be with web page. I am not sure if regenrating web page would help..

Any input here would be appreicated

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the layouts in planning folders or in web interfaces. Please check the following authorizations.

Go to SU21, check for R_WEBITF for web interface and R_PM_NAME for planning folders. The above authorization objects should have the following activity:

02 Change

03 Display

16 Execute

21 Transport.

Check the required authorization object for the users.

Please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen, did you find a solution to this? We just added supportpackages to our 3.5 system (from SP16->SP23) and suddenly we have the same problem - users can't add new rows in an Excel-enabled web planning application - they get a message about the range being locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Check whether there exists any user value variables in you planning area that restricts specific users to see specific values.

Regards,

Dilek