cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while archiving Invoice documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While archiving Invoice documents using MM_REBEL(using company code only), it was found that the write job is picking up certain open Invoices also. ie the subsequent Accounting document was not cleared/archived.

My understanding was the system will check for retention periods and whether the subsequent documents are archived or not.

I just wanted to know if there are any extra checks , which it looks for , as the criterion for archiveablility.

Please let me know if anyone knows about this or if any of you have faced similar issues .

Regards,

Shail.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Dependencies

The status of the document determines whether it can be archived:

· Documents with the status Closed or Deleted can be archived.

· Documents with the status Unchecked, Checked and Errors Found, or Checked and No Errors Found cannot be archived.

Financial accounting documents generated when invoice documents are posted are not archived with the object MM_REBEL. They are archived in Financial Accounting.

Residence Time/Retention Period of Data in the System

The retention period for invoice documents can be configured in the Customizing system. The posting date contained in the invoice document header is the key date for the retention period.

If a retention period has not been set in Customizing, the system takes the minimum retention period as 9999 days.

Presettings

In Customizing for Invoice Verification you can set the retention period for invoice documents per company code under Define Document Lives.

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shail,

It might be because of program error in the write program. I had the same issue in Purchase requisition but i could find oss note to resolve this issue. Try to find oss note which can help you.

-Thanks,

Ajay

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MM_REBEL is an easy going straight forward archiving without many checks and very low risk of a failure.

MM_REBEL archives the invoice of Logistics invoice verification.

When you post an invoice in LIV, it updates tables in MM and FI, payment is done in reference to the FI documents.

So it does not effect the archiving of the MM part.

the FI document cannot be archived if it is not cleared.