cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet values disappear

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a model where I have labels that are linked to Excel cells. I can see the values in Xcelsius 2008 (SP1) and they are correct. However, when I run the preview or export to .swf, some, not all of the values are empty (not zero). I have taken a snapshot of the excel file in preview and the data in the spreadsheet snapshot is correct but is not showing up in the preview or .swf file. I have tried linking to another cell and then back to the one I want...again, no luck.

The problem cells are ones with nested if statements but I am at a loss as to what the problem could be or how to fix it. Any ideas?

Edited by: William Camden on Oct 6, 2008 12:12 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fix. I will change the spreadsheet to reflect this suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was looking more into that problem, and it appears to me that there is no bug here. When Excel compares string "TRUE" to boolean value TRUE, it also gets false. The general rule here to avoid problems is to always specify Source Data for selectors by binding this property to Excel instead of just typing the list in.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

what formulas are you using in the cells that show wrong value in preview? Can you e-mail some file to me so I could reproduce?

Mararet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I have sent you the file to work your magic. Fingers are crossed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Itu2019s a bug in equals operator. The problem is that checkbox inserts a string u201CFALSEu201D, and the comparison fails when it is compared to Boolean value FALSE. I am going to file this bug. As a workaround, instead of comparison IF(cellValue=FALSE, a, b) use IF(cellValue, b, a).

I sent you the modified spreadsheet.

Best regards,

Margaret