cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing password via service dswp_create_msg? Is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Our Key Users are using service dswp_create_msg to create Service Desk messages. We don't want to give them any other point of access to the system. Only this one.

However, when accessing this service, users cannot change their password. They are prompt with a screen that asks their user id and password, but they cannot change it.

Other services such as AGS_WORKCENTER provide by default this functionality... could we also add it to dswp_create_msg some how?

Or can anyone suggest a workaround?

Many thanks,

Brodo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brodo,

I am not aware of possibility to change passwords (but this does not mean, that it could not exist).

Why not offering the "new interface" Work Center for your key users? This offers an overview of "their" messages. It allows also to see response and add further information, if required.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ruediger,

Thanks for your reply.

Some users will have access to the workcenter, but some others will only have access to dswp_create_msg. This is the way the customer wants to implement it.... and unfortunately I can't change it.

This is why I need a way of letting users change their passwords even from dswp_create_msg.

Thanks, regards,

Brodo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SICF.

Browse to the BSP you are using:

Default_host -> sap -> bc -> sap -> dswp_create _msg.

Double click onb the BSP dswp_create_msg.

Go to edit mode.

Go to tab Error Pages

Select System Logon en click on button Configuration.

Select Define Service-Specific Settings.

Under view Select Display, at least select Logon ans System information.

Save your entries.

Open the BSP in your browser again.

Regards,

Remy Piets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Remy.

You solved the issue!

Kind regards,

Brodo

Answers (0)