cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display PDF in a new browser?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have generated PDF using adobe life cycle manager (transaction SFP) in WDA. Now the requirement is to show the PDF in a new browser. Both views are in the same WD object. I have tried different methods to get the PDF data into the new window which i am opening using method:

lo_window_manager->create_external_window

I have the common context through component controller but the data does not reach the second view. I am guessing it is not possible to share same context if you open a new browser.

Next i tried saving the pdf in a controller class but even then i dont get the data back. The data does get stored through the set functionality.

I also tried using cl_bsp_server_side_cookie=>set_server_cookie and get_server_cookie methods and still i did not get any data.

I also tried adding the pdf data into the url and created an inbound plug in the second the view where i needed the pdf data. That url was then sent in the method create_external_window. That did not work out because pdf data is too long to be added as url parameter.

Any other suggestion. Any suggestion or code will be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> I am guessing it is not possible to share same context if you open a new browser.

That is correct. New browser/external window, means new backend session.

Is this PDF interactive - or just print/view? If it is just print/view why not consider sending it out as an attachment and then it will open in a separate Adobe Reader window.

cl_bsp_server_side_cookie=>set_server_cookie and get_server_cookie should work if you fill the parameters correctly. All these methods do is to write the data in to a temporary database table. Are you filling in the session id parameter? If so where are getting the value for this?