cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product costing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i have some doubts releating to product costing?

1) y should we run ck11n for next month 1st date, and ck24 for current period. what is the relastion between these 2

2) if i marked and released for a particular product for a paraticular month, can i again run ck24 for different product.

can u explain

thanqu

raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member740051
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

There is nothing mandatory that, you need to run CK11n on 1st of every month. You can run any day of the month but you need to maintain the " DATES" tab in CK11n with " Costing date from" as current day. You can release the price on the same day of " Costing date from"

CK24 has 2 purpose:

1. Marking

2. Release

Marking activity, you can do it for even next year for any number of materials.

Release can be done only on the day of " Costing date from".

For the different materials, many number of times you can use CK24. There is no restriction.

Hope, it helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya thanqu vijayanandh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya thanqu vijayanandh,

for ex: today is cost estimate in ck11n 6.10.2008.

u told u must release on that same date what we have mentioned in COSTING DATE FROM in CK11N.

here my doubt is: after releasing the price how we can do for marking. Is it possiable? (Ref:- _ Marking activity, you can do it for even next year for any number of materials._) in ur explanation.

thanqu

raj

former_member740051
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

For example, if you release the price for this month from 06.10.2008, you can mark the price from 01.11.2008. That can be released on 01.11.2008.

Hope, it helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja

Actually in real time scenario creation of the cost estimate and marking and relasing willbe done in the begining of the year for all the materials needed.

if u want create the cost estimate on 06.10.08, create, mark and release on the same day no problem. what happen when u mark the cost estimate, it will update the future price in the material master, once u release the same then only std price will update in the material master.

Release is only possible after mark the cost estimate. i.e. if u mark the cost estimate from 06.10.08 then u can relse the same from 06.10.08 itself. These all dates should matched with cost estimate validity period which is very important.

I hope which is suffice your requirement.

Regards

madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanqu madhav

which t c is good for marking and releasing, either ck24 or ck40n, y becoz in ck40n there is a possiablity to enter the date compare to ck24,

in ck24 only period we have to mention.

can u give some idea

thanqu

raj

former_member740051
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both transactions are absolutely equal funtion wise. Only the difference is CK11n can be processed with only one material and we need to mark and release it through CK24. Through CK40n, you can perform all the 6 actions in a singel screen and it is plant level and multi materials can be processed.

Hope it helps!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

cleared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) y should we run ck11n for next month 1st date, and ck24 for current period. what is the relastion between these 2

Dates are defaulted from your Costing variant in CK11N.mostly costing variants are configured, costing should save from begining of the next month.but you can change to current period when you are executing CK11N.

you can execute CK24 based on your costing run dates in CK11N.

e.g. in CK11N,i'm using current date(010/05/08) and saved costing.

in CK24 you use period 10(if you are using year depended fiscal year).

2) if i marked and released for a particular product for a paraticular month, can i again run ck24 for different product.

CK11N t.code is used for single product and CK24 also same.

You cant run CK24 for same material in one month more then one time.but you cant run CK24 for different materials.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanqu very much giving the replay, as u quoted as a ex: in CK11N,i'm using current date(010/05/08) and saved costing, in this 10 is period or date. if it was period, i run CK11N for 5.10.2008, then when can i run for CK24

In your second answer u told but you cant run CK24 for different materials. if i have different finished product then i have to run CK24 for more than once. Is it not possiable?

thanqu

raj

0 Kudos

Hi,

Q: In your second answer u told but you cant run CK24 for different materials. if i have different finished product then i have to run CK24 for more than once. Is it not possiable?

It is possible.

But if you want to do costing run for multiple materials across multiple plants or multiple materials within a plant you can use the CK40N, you can even mark and release the material in CK40N.

Thanks,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanqu ur

but in CK40N, it shows marking is too early . it does not updated

can u explain

thanqu

raj