cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting Error with Acct. Assgn. M

former_member588587
Participant
0 Kudos

I have an MRP generated SubCon PR, with account assgnment M, and Item category L. When I process this PR into PO, then I run the ME2O tcode to issue components to vendor via delivery.

But with this specific PO with M acct. assgn, it does not appear in the list of POs pending for delivery of components to vendor in ME2O.

Also when I perform MIGO for this SubCon Order, the components consumptions movement is shown as 543 E and not 543 O.

When I make a normal SubCon Order only with Item Category L, then I have no issues. I can see the PO in ME2O list, and can make a Delivery. Then in MIGO, I can do good receipt, and consumption movement type for components shows as 543 O, GI from Subcon Stock.

Can anyone explain what exactly is happening here? and any solutions for this.

Edited by: Godwin Coelho on Oct 5, 2008 3:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- For Subcontracting with Sales Order Stock, system will prompt Movement Type 543 E during GR against Subcontracting PO in MIGO. It will not take movement type 543 O since stock of components is Sales Order Specific. So system is behaving correct here.

- And Subcontracting PO with Account Assignment Category "M" will not appear in ME2O since in this you don't have to transfer stock to Subcontractor using movement type 541 in MB1B or MIGO. So system is behaving correct here also.

- To transfer stock from won Plant to Vendor, create a Storage Location as Subcontracting Location and do transfer posting in MB1B using movement type 311 E i.e. Storage Location to Storage Location transfer. And during GR specify this storage location for the components for movement type 543 E.

Read following details for further clarification. And it is recommended by SAP itself.

Subcontracting for Sales Order Stock: -

Purpose: - Subcontracting is also possible in conjunction with sales order stocks. The subcontracting orders are account-assigned to a sales order. Thus, the components are not transferred (using a transfer posting) to the "stock of material provided to vendor" but are directly withdrawn from the sales order stock the time of the goods receipt. The material manufactured is also posted to the sales order stock.

The cost of subcontracting is then debited to the sales order.

Since the components are not transferred to the "stock of material provided to vendor", it is recommend that you use a transfer posting to transfer the provided components to a new storage location (for example, 9999). This enables you to obtain an overview of those stocks that are physically located at the subcontractor. This information is particularly important when you carry out a physical inventory of the sales order stocks.

Features: -

Withdrawal from Stock of Mat. Provided or Sales Order: -

For components that are managed in sales order stock, you can define whether the components are to be withdrawn directly from each sales order or from the stock of material provided to vendor. You manage this via the dependent requirements indicator for individual customer requirements and collective requirements (MARC-SBDKZ).

You can maintain this indicator in the following places:

In the MRP view of the material master record (MRP 4)

In the explosion types for the BOM item (in Customizing for Production in the step Basic Data -> Bill of Material -> Item Data -> Define explosion types )

Configuring the explosion types has priority over the configuration in Inventory Management.

If the indicator is set at Collective requirements only (2), the materials are withdrawn from the stock of material provided to vendor. If this indicator is set any other way, the system withdraws materials from sales order stock.

Answers (0)