cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with batch valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PP gurus,

I have a question about batch valuation.

If i have a batch which is 100% pure thats why its value is motre than of 80% pure. i want valuate these two batches separetely. how can i do it.Please help.

thanks

sanket

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear PP guru

Acualy i wanted to know how the split valuation for batches or material is done. i dont know very much about it so please explain it sequencially and if possible with t codes. thanks for quick response.

thanks

sanket

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Split Valuation is used for maintaioning two different price for same material.

The Split Valuation settings are as follow:

To used split valuation, you have to activate it using 'OMW0'.

1.SPRO> MM>VALN AND ACC ASSIGNMENT> SPLIT VALUATION> Acitvate Split Valuation

2.SPRO> MM>VALN AND ACC ASSIGNMENT> SPLIT VALUATION> Configure Split Valuation

Click on Golbal type: create your own valuation types as Type 1, Type 2 etc

Click on Global categories:create your own Valuation Category as Type(T) and

Activate all valuation types(Type1, Type2 ) for your category(T)

Goto MM01, enter material master enter valuation category and save.

Every batch is assigned to a valuation type.

If you want to enter goods movements for materials subject to split valuation, you must enter the valuation type in addition to the material number. Enter the valuation type in the Batch field.

Here u have configuration steps

http://www.sap-topjobs.com/SpecialPP/SAPMM.pdf

http://www.sap123.com/showthread.php?t=29

http://www.sap-img.com/mm025.htm

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir ,

i did split valuation for batches as suggested by you. But there is one problem i am facing please help.

I have activated in customisation "no batch creation at ordercreation / release" so i create batch at gr.i have a material having characteristic values 1-5 and and 6-10and i have two valuation types type1 and type2. So if i have order quantity of 100 and i am taking gr of 50 only and creating a batch having chara. 1-5 and valuation type1, the system does not allow me to choose valuation type for another 50 material it takes type1 as default. i want to give separate valuation type for another 50.

In short the system is taking valuation type at order level and i want it at batch level. can it be done. please help

Edited by: s j on Oct 6, 2008 5:38 PM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daer,

Yes, you can use concept of Split Valuation for this. For such materials, use Valuation Category "X" in Accounting1 view of Material Mater. As a result, after every GR of this material, batch will get created as Valuation Type and will store its value separately (not MAP) and will get issued with this value only at the time of Goods Issue. (System will ask Batch and automatically take the valuation type aslo which is nothing but Batch No only)

In this case you need not to extend materials everytime for the valuation type, you have to only mainatin Valuation category "X" in material master. Then, once the GR is done batch will get created as valuation type automatically.

In short, it will get valuated with Stock Value posted during MIGO.

Go to OMWC to check the attributes of Valuation Category "X"

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Batch valuation means assinging values to batch characteristics. it can be done from various places i.e QE11 or QA11. Characteristics can be also valuated in batch automatically & manualy.

For example If you are using these characteristics , valuation will be done automaitcally when you execute particular transaction.

LOBM_VFDAT expiration date, shelf life

LOBM_VERAB availability date

LOBM_RLZ_PROZ required remaining shelf life as a percentage

LOBM_UDCODE usage decision

LOBM_QSCORE quality score from usage decision

Batch characteristics can also be populated from MICS for that you need to follow this process.

1. Create general characteristics ( transaction CT04)

2. Create MIC and assign general characteristic to MIC.

3. Assign MIC to inspection plan or material specification

4. record results

Characteristic value will be automatically transfered to batch when you will record result for MIC.

Note - If you do not want to use material specification & only using inspection plan, you need to select check box in QM plant level config setting ( spro -- qm - maintain setting at plant level ---select plant ---select inspection lot compl tab ---select check box for batch valuation without material spec.

You have to use split valuation for a batch materail.

You can have a different Valuation Class for that material in Accounting1 view. If you want, you can also create a new Valuation Class in OMSK according to your requirement.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Oct 5, 2008 6:48 PM