cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

On our portal we have a link to "My Desktop'.

Clicking on this link, the end-user is presented with a list of options. One of the options should give the end-user a tool to personalize this "My Desktop" i.e choose from a list of applications, links, Iviews the ones he likes best. Once selected each time the end-user logs into the portal and into 'My Desktop' he will be presented with the list of applications, iviews, links etc he had chosen.

This list of applications will be defined by the administrator according to roles.

Any suggestion as to how this can be achieved will be highly appreciated. Also I would like to use as little webdynpro programming skills to implemenrt this goal, preferrably use the inherent tools the portal offers.

Regards

yuval peery

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This can be done by using checking the Page Title Bar on the Default Framework Page.

Once this is done, the Page Title Bar appears on the page and you can use the 'options' icon.

If you check the 'Show Personalize' attribute on the Page Title Bar iview' the option 'personalize'

appears on the list of options.

Choosing 'personalize' opens a new window where the user, with all the necessary permissinons,

can add iviews to the page.

regards

yuval