Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a new field in the cube and load data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is

We have ZLOGISTICS cube , the data souce of this filed has REFDCONR-reference dcument number filed . We have to create a new field in cube load data and get this new filed into the report also.

Please any one can help me with the step by step process of how to do?

How to get the data into BW and into the report.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First let us gain knowledge on the scenario. Is it 3.x or BI7.0 ?. If you are using BI7.0 you can very well use the remodeling tool, which comes handy when the requirement is for a cube.

for step by step procedure on remodeling you can refer the following

1. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/bi/remodeling

2. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/06/28/remodelingToolinBI7.0

Regards

Athul

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is in 3.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If u r in 3.x then Delete the data from the target then add the field and map from the source to target and load the data.see that Historical data is available for that new added field.

Tarak

former_member199630
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you need that this new field have data in old records?

1.- If you are in BI 7.0 and the logic or data for that New field are in the same Dimension, you can use a Remodeling to fill it. I mean if you want if you want to load from a Master Data from other InfoObject in the same Dim.

2.- If condition "1" is not yours.

First add the new field, then create a Backup Cube (both cubes with the new field) and make a full update with all information in the original Cube. The new field willl be empty in both cubes.

Create an UR from BackUp_Cube to Original_Cube with all direct mapping and create a logic in the Start Routine of the UR (modiying the data_package) you can look for the data in the DSO that you often use to load.

To do that both cubes have to be Datasources ( right click on Cube-> aditional function-> and I think is "Extract Datasource")

Hope it helps. Regards, Federico

chemicala_srimallikarjuna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls chk this :

Regards

CSM Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check this out