cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem In receiving IDOCs in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are sending IDOCS from R/3 to XI. We have all the necessary RFC connection and PORTS defined in both R/3 and XI.

The metadata is also loaded in to XI.

Till last week we were able to POST IDOCs from R/3 to XI. But today IDOCS are not geeting in to XI. The Status of IDOC is showing as 03 -

Data passed to port OK

IDoc sent to R/3 System or external program.

But in SM58 of R/3 we can see these IDOCS lying.

The Status text is:EDISDEF: Port SAPNDV segment defn Z2EDK11 in IDoc. type DELFOR01 CIM type

Can any one suggest what should I do to send the data to XI.

Any help is appriciated

Thanks

Abinash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinash,

Adding to what Jayakrishnan has said...

Run the transaction BD75 on SAP R/3..This will change the status of all idocs whihc has been successfully transmitted to the target system through tRfC.

The status of the IDOCs should change to 12 after BD75 is run. If it is becoming 12, we can make sure that there are no issues on the sending system.

Also another thing that might be worhwhile doing might be to delete the metadata in IDX2, so that it is re-imported again (automatically)....

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Renjith,

I ran the transaction BD75 on SAP R/3. It changed the status of IDOC to 12. Also I deleted the IDOC metadata from IDX2.

But still IDOC is not getting into XI.

Please advise.

Thanks

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinash,

After you deleted the metadata and re-run the transactions, are you still having an erroneous entry in SM58 of the R/3 system?

If you are having an entry in SM58, keep your cursor on that entry and choose the menu option..Edit --> Debug LUW

This will start the FM call on XI side (from within the R/3)...proceed with debugging and see if you are getting any kind of exception...

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

I am getting Function module does not exist or EXCEPTION raised

What should I do next

Thanks

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me ask you another thing....IS the Syntax chek for the IDOC tunred Off in the R/3 side (in the partner profile entry for this idoc type)? Is idoc well formed based on its syntax requirements ?

Also you said that the scenarios were working correctly earlier...Can you resend one of the IDOCs which worked correctly earlier...Resend a successful IDOC using WE19..and see if it makes through....

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The IDOC is well formed.

I have tried sending several IDOC that were successful last week. But none of them is coming in to XI today. I can see all of them in SM58.

The only thing is that today morning our BASIS team restared the XI server.

Thanks

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem has been sorted out. Now data is moving into XI. There was a problem with release type of IDOC

Thanks for all your efforts.

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great !

If you don't mind..Could you Pls elaborate as to what you did to resolve this ?

Rlease type as in 3..0&3.1 / 4.0 and above ? how was it working earlier....

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Message was edited by: Renjith Andrews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

Last weekend a patch was installed on our R/3 system. We are suspecting, becuase of this all the problem started including the one I faced in XI. SAP is looking to the Patch that was installed.

I will update you once I get some more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abinash,

check the following.

1. The port is working fine in IDX1 and the correct RFC destination is linked.

2. You have used the correct business system which sends the idoc type.

3. Check by giving an explicit 'commit work' in your outbound program which sends the idoc.

Cheers

JK