cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIA Index inactive while chagne run was executed - Is BIA in sync with BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the change run was executed for infoobject, the BIA Index on the cube was inactive.So there is no mention about the BIA index in the structure change job log (as expected)

Now how do I make sure that the BIA indexes are in sync with the newly loaded data to the infoobject.

Do I have to delete and rebuild the BIA Index for this cube?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Do you mean that BIA Index was deactivated manually before change run or automatically during change run?

The simplest check would be to compare number of records between your InfoObject's db tables and bia physical index. You could do it using RSRV check "Compare data in BI tables and BIA indexes" for your InfoCube. This check compares all records for all tables from your InfoCube star schema, but only for those smaller then 10,000 records. You can change this parameter to up to 100,000 records, but that's it.

So, the easiest would be to compare this number yourself by comparing number between this from SE16 for db table and TREXADMIN for BIA index. As far as I remember in your company only admins have access to TREXADMIN to your BIA, so you would need to work with them on this check.

If you like abaping, you can use f/m TREX_EXT_SEARCH_DOCUMENTS, where for given index I_INDEXES and selection criteria I_QUERY_ENTRIES using flag I_COUNT_ONLY='X' you can get E_INDEX_SIZE

Good luck!

-Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vitaly for responding.

BIA index was deacitvated by the Infocube adjustment job triggered by the infocube tranport.

Adjustment job failed(due to memory issues) leaving the BIA index inactive. Infact we just realised that BIA index on the infoobject was empty.Adjustment job deleted the records in the index but failed while filling them. I guess that was the reason that change run did not affect BIA index on this IO and not beacuse the BIA index on one of the cubes was inactive.

Also, this infoobject is shared by 4-5 cubes and only 2 were inactive during change run.

Now we have recreated the BIA index for these cubes which also filled InfoObject index (X and S).

In our case, I ran a system check from RSDDBIAMON - it explicitly gave errors saying that BIA Index for this infoobject is not filled.

In future, I'll try comparing se16 and TREXADMIN to see what I get.

Yeah I know in our company only admins have access to TREXADMIN but I'm also one of them...!!!!

Thanks,

Saurabh

Answers (0)