Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract DB2 Configuration parameters using SAP standard function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like use a SAP standard Function module to extract DB2 configuration parameters. Please also provide a example on how to use the function module to collect data.

If no such function is available please suggest a Standard sap function module to execture and collect the results for native SQL to DB2

Thanks and Regards

Sumeet

2 REPLIES 2

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

I have no idea if there is a function module for retrieving DB2 parameters. Try searching for a FM containing 'DB2' or 'PARAM' to see if you find one.

You can of course execute Native SQL from ABAP, which would allow you to retrieve the DB parameters. Look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/fc/eb3b8b358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm for an example how to do this.

Cheers

Graham Robbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham

Thanks for replying. I have found two function modules suitable to my requirement but cannot get to execute them correctly

The function modules are

1. DB6_PM_DBCONFIG

2. DB6_PM_DBMCONFIG

Can you plz provide guidelines to use it. Examples would be extremely helpful

I donot want to write any additional abap coding to execute native SQL. I need a readymade sap provided function module which may for example accept the SQL as parameter and then return the output.

Thanks

sumeet