cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Sale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru`s ,

I need to map a Inter company sale scenario for which my client company is on SAP R/3 but wholly owned subsidiary from which stock has to be transferred is still Non SAP.

So ,can anyone tell me what is the difference between standard inter-company sale when both company codes are on SAP & in this case .

Please guide me through.

Thanks a lot in advance

Edited by: SAM on Oct 4, 2008 11:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Looking at your scenario, this is what I feel.

Define your non SAP vendor for eg Plant B in your SAP system but under a different company code. This is because in SAP you can implement 3rd party sale only of both the plants are in SAP system.

Then setup an EDI interface sothat your Plant B can interact with non SAP vendor through EDI IDOCs.

So when a customer raises an order for plant A, it inturn raises a 3rd party PO against Plant B. This is as per normal SAP 3rd party transaction.

Now when your plant B receives PO from A, it will create NL delivery. Then it should send an EDI IDOC to external system (vendor). This IDOC will contain all the material & delivery information (like ship-to).

The external IDOC you send from SAP should create an application doc like sales order / delivery in the external vendor system. When the vendor fulfills the delivery to the customer, it should again trigger an inbound IDOC to SAP. Basing on that inbound IDOC you will update the PGI in NL delivery in SAP & trigger intercompany invoice to plant A. Here the inbound IDOC posting prog will update the pick, pack & PGI in the NL delivery. After plant A receives interocmpany invoice, it will inturn raise a customer invoice to the end customer.

You can also implement returns scenario with the same process here.

We have implemented a similar scenario & it is working fine.

Regards,

Sivanand