cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item to be posted at group level

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i manually post a item at PL30. I have created a item as statistical balance without breakdown.When I post Item without CU it does not allow me to post and If I post with CU

than CU gets updated.

Edited by: VAISHALI MODI on Oct 5, 2008 5:29 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VAISHALI MODI,

Please be more descriptive.

The questions:

- CU - it's just ConsUnit or Clearing - Cons Unit?

- What's the offsetting ConsUnit and item?

- Do you really need to post to StatItem on the PL 30?

- What was wrong with changes in CU?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The required entry is:

ITEM / Cons Unit

1. Investment / CU12 cr.

2. Increase in fair value / 4000 (want to post in group and not in unit, manually pl30) dr.

I want to post item at consolidation group level, but it gets posted at cons. unit level only.

The resultant entry is:

ITEM / Cons Unit

1. Invest / CU12 cr.

2. Increase fair value / CU12 (it gets posted at unit only) dr.

Increase fair value is manually created item, we want this1 entry manually only.

Edited by: VAISHALI MODI on Oct 5, 2008 8:39 AM

Edited by: VAISHALI MODI on Oct 5, 2008 8:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you may see here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem60ep1/helpdata/en/3d/c77b3bf7975a03e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

the ConsUnit is required for PL 30. The ConsGroup is also assigned and recorded -- goto totals records list and see it by yourself.

AFAIU, the FV increase item is that statistical one? Then you'd better offset it with also a stat item. If you use investment item in the entry, then, certainly the B/S of the unit will be updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If say, I have parent group 4000

cu08

cu09

cu10

child group 4001

cu11

cu12

Is it possible to have parent cu12 in both the groups, can I create cu12 in parent as well as child group. If this is possible then my problem gets solved.

What I can do is I can post in group 4000 at pl 30 if cu12 is there as well and i hope in that case 4001 will

not be updated.

I need a solution such that when I post in group 4000 for cu12 then it should not post/update group 4001.

Right now when I post to group 4000 for cu12 for invest. it updates group 4001. Due to which consolidation

reports of 4001 gets disturb.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to include cu12 in both groups 4000 and 4001.

However I cannot determine whether the results will be according to good accounting principles as I am unclear as to what the purpose is of doing this type of entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, one ConsUnit might be included into several groups. But your scenario is not clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

cu12 is there in 4001 and now when i try to create in 4000, i receive below errors:

Message no. UGMD304

Diagnosis

You defined hierarchy 4000 with multiple root nodes. However, the hierarchy-defining characteristic only allows one root node per hierarchy.

System Response

Processing terminated

Procedure

Correct the hierarchy definition.

where do i settings so that it allows multiple root node per hierarchy

OOPS ! Got It, Sorry.

Edited by: VAISHALI MODI on Oct 8, 2008 10:13 AM

Answers (0)