cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster queries with BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have BI 7.0 and I understand that building aggregates on cubes can make the queries run faster. But what if we use BO for the presentation layer ( reporting ).

Do you think aggregates would still help. How about BI accelerator as well. would that help also knowing no bex or web query in SAP BI is used.

If the answer to the above questions are no and no, than what would one use for faster queries time with BI at the backbend and BO at the front end.

Thanks for your help.

VenkatK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

as you mentioned your problem is SAP BI related in your question I recommend to post this query to the [Integration Kits - SAP|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to the BusinessObjects Integration Kit for SAP.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all SAP Kit queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Best regards

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

as far as i know, using a bex query is and building an olap-universe on it, is best practice.

If you use well designed aggregates in SAP BI the performance will be much better. i experienced that BO queries run 5x faster.

BIA should be even easier, better and faster than using aggregates.

Best Regards

Ulrich

http://www.xcelsius-insight.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your input Ulrich.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

can you send me the doc to integrate BO top on BW with step by step sollution.

I tried but i am not getting the exact step that which softwere we should install first.

thanks

Regards,

Komik Shah

Answers (0)