cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBase component field cannot be modified anymore in ticket after SP16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a customer that is not happy about the fact that the Service Desk IBase component cannot be changed in tickets after installing SP16.

Also see:

However, what we don't understand is why in ONE of the tickets we have created this field is editable.

Do you think that this may be a bug? Or perhaps we did something different with this one ticket?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

KR,

Brodo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your partner determination procedure mark required partner functions as changable. Also change access sequence for the partner function.

Refards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a bit of investigation, it appears that the IBase component is editable if the help desk message is created from the standard SAP GUI. But since my customer is using exclusively the WEB-GUI, all tickets are showing an unchangeable Ibase component field.

This is quite strange as I have not come across this differentiation before. I thought that the problem was consistent with all SAP GUIs indistinctively after SP16.

Anyone has had the same experience? Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks, rgds,

Brodo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your partner determination procedure mark required partner functions as changable.

Refards,

Nikhil

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now that is interesting.

Did you find anything different in the one ticket where the field is editable?

I had even raised an OSS message for the component not being editable and was told that this 'functionality' is no longer available. I was also advised to create a development request. What are the pre-requisites to be able to do so?

regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately we didn't find anything different in that particular ticket. At least for the moment.

Could you post the exact response you received from SAP? With the date you received it?

This may help our customer as we have logged a similar ticket but we haven't received any reply yet.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Aldo

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The replies by SAP were as follows

Hi Kevin,

I have enquired with my colleagues in the next level of support and

was informed that it is not possible to change the ibase component

in the support desk message as of SP15.

Hello Kevin,

Thank you very much for the update. I am very sorry to state that

the feature is no more available and if you would like to request SAP toenable the feature again, I would suggest you create a development

request. Please refer to the note 357732 for further information

about this.

Hope this information helps

The above interactions happened on 14.08.2008

Would appreciate though if you let me know when you get an update.

regards,

Kevin Hill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin,

I will post our SAP reply as soon as we receive it.

Kind regards,

Brodo