cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create target directory ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create target directory in a receiver File adapter ? Is this option in the file systm access parameters or processing parameters of the file adapter ? i didnt see a box that says create target directory in either. Please help me with this issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u plz tell on which XI version you are working.

We are on XI 3.0 and in File Access Parameters there is a check-box which is "Create Target Directory".

Regards,

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for all your response.

This option Create target directory, will it be there if I select the File adapter as sender. Or this option is there only if you select the File adapter as receiver ?

Can you please clarify this doubt as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ajith

Create target directory works only for receiver adapter configuration.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

> This option Create target directory, will it be there if I select the File adapter as sender. Or this option is there only if you select the File adapter as receiver ?

>

> Can you please clarify this doubt as well.

It is quite logical. For Sender adapter there will be no need to create the dir coz dir already exist and you will pick the file from that dir with the help of Sender Adapter.

But in case of Receiver Adapter you need to know wether the dir exists or not and thats why we tick the check box to make sure if dir does not exists then it will be created (If you have permissions to create the new dir). But again if dir already exists then no need to tick the box "Create Target Directory", the file will be automatically created at target dir.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit

In the receiver file adapter configuration you just click the option under the Target Directory field. In case the target directory you provided PI will create that for you to deliver the file

Thanks

Gaurav