Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report painter selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to using report painter. I was required to modify an existing report for sales figues (using infostructure S514). In transaction GRR2 I navigated to the appropriate report in 3PK and in 'General Data Selection' added sold-to-party from the available characteristics. From looking at the existing fields I checked the checkboxes for 'SET or Hierarchy Node' and 'variable On'. Using F4 help dialog I set the contents of the 'From' field to the appropriate value (variable 3PK38, sold-to-party, type set, table S514, field KUNAG). I then saved and executed the report. The report works fine except that in the selection screen, instead of adding one select option it added two: 'Sold-to-party' and 'Or value(s)'. Checking F4 for sold-to party brings up 3 different set IDs with description customer. Even if I leave this field blank the report works correctly. Pressing F4 for the 'Or value(s)' field brings up a list of customers, as required. Why is this happening only for this field (sold-to-party) when the configuration for this is the same as for all the other fields? Is there some way I can remove the 'Sold-to-party' field with the set IDs and just leave the 'Or value(s)' field in the selection screen? If this is possible, can the text for the 'Or value(s)' field be renamed to something more appropriate (like customers)? I checked in the text options in GRR2 but it doesn't show me the 'Or value(s)' field, just the 'Sold-to-party' field, which is not what I want. Help is appreciated.

Regards

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestions? Anyone?