cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to validate characters in text area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus!

I have a doubt in how to allow a user to only write numbres or lettrs in a text area. I'm looking in the VC options for some time and cannot find a clue. Any ideas?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the validation Condition for that Control which is avialble under validation tab in the Control properties.

You can set a Condtion based on the Text values and Numbers so that whne ever you have enter the other text it will display the Error message with Red boarde.

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Govindu

We've found the conditions, but we're having some problems to express the values we want to discriminate. We've tried with some of the options but all the sentences we put are checked as incorrect.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the validations that you want to put on the text and what is the formula that you are using?

If you could provide that to sdn, we can look at it and help you out.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to avoid the users put numbers or letters as if the case. I.E. The expression we're using for the numbers is: Condition: Test, Validation condition: CONTAINS (@@,[0-9]+')==TRUE.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you create input field of type number itself? If user tries to enter anything apart from number then those things are automatically wiped off and you need not do any additional validations.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've tried this, but when I try to deploy the model a 32K memory error is displayed, because of the validations. Is there possible to use regular expressions to do this?.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are getting this 32K error for this field then you would get it for regular expression too. You may have to remove few unused field from your model in order to successfully deploy this. You can delete the fields that not used and try deploying again.

OR

You can try deploying using the FLEX 2 Compiler.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go for Flex2 Compiler which available form SP14 Patch Onwards.

then it solve lot of your problems then you need not worry for Small issues also

Govindu