I am new to XI. Can you guys help me with these questions about File adapter
1) How do we use Operating Systems command in processing parameters tab ?
2) Is it possible only in FTP to select additional files, I mean can we do the same thing in NFS ?
3) What is the difference between EO and EOIO ?
4) When do we use anonymous login in FTP server ?
1. Refer Executing Unix shell script using Operating System Command in XI - Call UNIX Shell Script
2. it is possible only in NFS Refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/3c/b4a6490a08cd41a8c91759c3d2f401/content.htm
3. EO (Exactly Once):
The message is sent asynchronously. The sender does not wait for a response. The Integration Engine and the Adapter Engine guarantee that the message is sent and processed exactly once.
EOIO (Exactly Once In Order):
Messages are delivered with the same queue names (supplied by the application) in the same sequence that they were sent from the sender system. Message processing is asynchronous in this case.
4. you can use anonymous when the FTP server allows to do so. Specifically i have used it for intra network FTP communication where at the server level authentication is not implemented and any one can login and access the files.