cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Unable to create new records in IP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an infocube which i have included inside a Multiprovider. I have planning query on top of a aggregation level. I have used this query as a data provider inside the analysis item. I have set Number of new Lines property to 3. Everthing seems to be correct but it gives me an error as:

No new rows or columns because the axis is not input-ready

I able to modify the records but unable to create new records.

Looking forward for a solution.

Cheers,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer thread -

You can search this forum for more threads - this error has been discussed before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have one more question. I am storing version numbers for budget in my infocube as 1,2,3.... so on. Currently i have made the version 5 for budget and it is stored in my infocube. How to retrieve the maximum for this characteristics from the infocube based on the other characteristics. For my example it should return me 5.

Also i have maintained master data for the version.

Hope to hear from your side soon.

Cheers,

Manoj

former_member699913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

One option would be to use a variable for the char version and than inputting the value manually if u have the liberty to enter the max value.

Another option would be to create a variable of type exit for the version char...this variable would look up the values in version char table and return the highest value...

Hope it helps,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but i don't have the liberty to key in the maximum value maually.

this variable would look up the values in version char table and return the highest value...

How this can be achieved?

Cheers,

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj on Oct 6, 2008 1:11 PM

former_member699913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi manoj,

You need to create a variable of type customer exit for the characteristic version.

Than to poulate the values in it you have to write your code.You do this via CMOD-include for variable programs.

The logic would be to get the version master data values in an internal table based on ur business criteria.

Sort the values,select the last value.. in that table select the max value.

For more info on how to create customer exit chk the following link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f1/0a56f5e09411d2acb90000e829fbfe/content.htm

Hope it helps,

Ajay

Answers (0)