cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSPORT REQUEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR ALL

My development server request is transported to quality but cannot be transported to production properly.[ I do not know the exact reason and the basis person cannot find it why]

Can i create a new request and transfer again to quality and production. Will all my customization object will be transported if i do the following [ex in ovaz i delete one line it will create a request. after that i save the same and generate a new line].

Will all the objects of customization will be transferred

Regards

Sandeep Bhowmick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep

Yes you can overwrite the transport request which is already exists in Quality.

To achieve this, do whatever changes you want in Development Client and while saving, create a new request and make a note of it.

After completing all the changes and ensured that the changes are in line with the requirement, go to T.Code STMS_IMPORT so that the list of Transport Requests will be displayed there.

Select the Request which you wanted to overwrite the one in quality and press "Cntrl+F11" so that a small box will appear where you give the Quallity client code in "Target Client" and click on "Options" tab. Tick the boxes

- Overwrite Originals and

- Overwrite Objects in Unconfirmed Repairs

and click on green tick at the bottom. Now the new request will be overwritten on old request in quality.

Note that in case you are not familiar with this transaction, better do with basis people as if you do something wrongly, you will land up in mess. So please be careful while transporting.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati

Thanks for the reply, I have tried out what you have explained, it is not working

Regards

Sandeep Bhowmick

Former Member
0 Kudos

The earlier configuration needs to be "reverted" and saved in a request. Release the request and transport to quality only. Again do the configuration and save in a new request. Release and transport the request quality and production.

Regards,

GSL.