cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value restriction in COGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We want to restrict user by specifying certain limit for value of transactions carried outin COGI FOr example up to Rs 20000. how to restrict user by allowing goods movement with errors by value of transaction?

Regards,

Milind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way i can think is to use an user-exit for COGI. You can maintain the amount limit in a custom control table and refer it in the user-exit.

Try it and revert back.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks for input.

Can u through more light on available user exit for COGI as i have searched for that but couldn,t get proper output.

Regards,

Milind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

as of release 5.00 there a BAdI methods of BAdI WORKORDER_GOODSMVT available also for COGI. Method COGI_POST may fulfill your requirement.

Regards, Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for valuable input. I will chk possibility of the same & come back tp you.

Regards,

Milind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for input.

Actually the requirement has been modified.We want to restrct at the time of production confirmation(CO11n).At that time system will check for accumulated records value in COGI.If it exceeds some specific value , there will be error message the time of confirmation itself.

How to do this?

Regards,

Milind

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Milind,

You can implement the below user-exits for production order confirmation:

CONFPP05 |PP order conf.: Customer specific enhancements when saving |

CONFPP06 |PP Order Confirmations: Actual Data Transfer |

Take help of ABAPer to include the logic at the time to saving to check the records in COGI as per customer's requirement.

Try it and revert back.

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx for input.Will revrt back soon.

Rgd,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

COGI restriction issue is solved through user exit.But now i have queroies regarding configuration settings required to enable COGI in plant.I have came up with following observation:

01. In order confirmation parameters OPK4 if i remove tick from goods movement & Error handling, COGI is set.i.e. System doesn't restrict at the time of confirmation despite material shortage.

How can i use COGI facility without any configuration changes to order type?

If i don't change configuration in order type & tries with user status, It seems that configuration settings overrides User settings as confirmation is allowed even with user status restricting it.

Any clue?

Regards,

Milind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

not sure which flag in OPK4 you mean, there are two in frame "Error handling/Logs":

"Goods Movements" and "Termination for incorrect GM"

If you tick or untick "Goods Movements" this has no effect on COGI records, it just provides a log and error handling during confirmation (if carried out in dialogue) but COGI records are created at all whenever an error occurs.

But you may restrict COGI records for specific plants/order types by using "Termination for incorrect GM".

Hope this helps.

Regards, Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPK4 if we untick Termination of goods movements box, then System will generate COGI records i.e. will allow confirmation despite material shortage.

This is clear to me. What i want is to generate COGI records without carrying out any configuration changes in order type related aspects.

how it is to be carried out?

Regards,

Milind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is strange. Normally, you don't have to perform any configurations. As far as I know this flag is shipped as "ticked off". So with standard customizing every goods movement with error goes to COGI. Propably, you've activated it in the past? Then you have to remove it in order to allow COGI records now.

Regards, Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue has been resolved.We have to remove tick from OPK4 goods movemnt & termination for incorrect goods movement.

As far as user status is concerned it is found that it can not override configuaration as configuration allows Confirmation without errors.

I am closing this thread.

Regards,

Milind.