cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To display long text on the page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am developing a page and I have to give the description and details of the organization and use of the page.

For this one I have to display some 50 lines of matter in that page about organization .... so how can I display this

matter in the page and one more thing is I have to display this in Twisty format ..... like

<b>About organization</b>. If he clicks on this one , it has to display the matter below this header.

Please give me suggestions ...... and tell me how to do this one ?

Thanks a lot in advance .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>so how can I display this matter in the page and one more thing is I have to display this in Twisty format

OK, I will bite. What the heck is Twisty Format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Twisty format is just like a link .... if you click on that one ..... under that it will displays the matter ..... and again if you click on that .... the matter will get hide.

i want the same format like this ..... is it possible to do same ???

thanks a lot .

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Interesting. Twisty has a very different meaning where I come from.

That is perfectly possible. Just make the link a linkToAction. You will then get a Web Dynpro event handler class when it is clicked. You can put the text on the screen at design time and data bind the visible property. In the event handler you can just toggle the value of the context attribute that is bound to the visible property of your text area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

I dont know how to implement a twisty format but i can suggest a workaround

create a element of type LinkToAction and set the main text(About organization) to that.

on the click of that you can set a context attribute and based on that in WDDOMODIFYVIEW set the visibility to the text area where you are displaying the other text.

you can use some of the html tags in order to build the page you mentioned

check this example WDR_TEST_MISC and the view FMT_TEXT_VIEW_TEST and code behind that.

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri