cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list of formulas that are allowed in PLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am an ABAPer & new to this SAP B1 env.

is there any document/link that gives the list of formulas (along with syntax) that are allowed in PLD ?

actually i have to print "No. of days delayed" (Run Date - Due Date) in Customer Statement letter.

i tried entering the formula as Field_167 - Field_036 but i get only 0 (zero) even though there is diff in dates.

i tried with datediff(DAY, Field_036, Field_167) and got the error : Errors were found in the formula"

what is the exact syntax to calculate elapsed number of days?

to check for a condition also, it seems, we need to have additional UDFs & establish the dependencies to get what we want, instead of having a straight forward "if" OR "case" statement.

working with SAP B1's tools (e.g. PLD) is like doing a surgery with kitchen knife! (sorry, if i have hurted anyone's feelings

if anyone can give a list of formulas (along with exact syntax) that are allowed in PLD it will be of great help to people like me.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghu Iyer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, i solved my 'Days Overdue' OR 'elapsed days' in a crude way (see my method given below), if anyone has got a better & accurate method, please do share it with the beginners like me.

available values :

Field_167 is the 'Ageing Date' (a text field in Page Header Area)

Field_036 is the 'Due Date' (a text field in Repetitive Area)

requirement :

to print 'Days Overdue' (Field_167 - Field_036 + 1) along with 'Due Date' in repetitive area.

even after browsing through this forum & other some materials provided in SAP Service Market place, i could not find a function/method to get the elapsed number of days between two dates. so, i went about in around about way to arrive at the 'Days Overdue'. given below is my method that gives the elapsed days, though a close one but not accurate, since i took a month as 30 days. otherwise, this seems to work fine, i need to check it out thoroughly.

in the repetitive area:

defined a new hidden field Field_187 as Formula : (Month(Field_167)*30)+Day(Field_167)

defined a new hidden field Field_188 as Formula : (Month(Field_036)*30)+Day(Field_036)

defined a new field Field_189 for 'Days Overdue' as Formula : ((Year(Field_167)-Year(Field_036))*365)(Field_187-Field_188)1

Regards,

Raghu Iyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jitin,

thanks a lot. got to that link through my colleague's S-User id. already learnt some useful points from the few demos i have gone through. still to get a solution to my "elapsed days" problem. hmmm...let me see whether i get some solution going through the link completely.

once again, thank you very much for showing direction.

Regards,

Raghu Iyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jitin,

thanks for replying.

but, i have already tried through that link, it requires SAP market place user id & password, i tried twice registering for that also, but, the user id & password that i get does not seem to work. so, i was looking out for some direct document/page or a link in this forum itself if one available.

anyway, i will try to get one login in that SAP market place.

Regards,

Raghu Iyer

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

In order to get the information from the SAP Service Market Place you need to have a S-User ID and Password to access the documentation available.

Please logon to the SAP Service Market Place through S-User ID.

Regards,

Jitin

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

The following thread having the links for the PLD documentation as well some explanation may be usefull and helpful information for you. Please check

Regards,

Jitin