Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF printing through WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have designed a template in WAD.

The template is having a print functionality(export to PDF). However, if my report is having 10 cloumns, the PDF version is showing 8 cloumns in the first page and the remaining 2 columns in the second page.This pattern is maintained throughout all the pages of the PDF

Is there any way to confine the entire report(all the columns to be precise) in a single page?

Regards,

Anjana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried these options. But with these options the report view is getting truncated. With the poster option only, we can atleast the the complete report though it is spanned over two pages.

Regards,

Anjana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have q question , How do you create print functionality (export to pdf) in WAD?

Thank

Terry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

You can do it if you are using WAD 7.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I am using WAD 7.0. Can you please give me some idea as I am new to WAD how to create the print function in WAD 7.0.

Thanks

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Either you can have a Link Web Item (Misc. Tab) or you can have a Button Group Web Item (Stand. Tab). Drag n drop any of these on the template.

2. In their properties, give the display name and length n height etc. For button group, you can add how many buttons you want.

Button Group: you have to name your buttons and then define what you want it to do. So, you have define a command. There is a small button corresponding to each button that you add under the button group. click that.

-->You will have the option of command via command (by default). And it will ask you what command you want to define. Click on the corresponding button again. A screen pops up. You have 2 options. select All commands and then Commands for Web temp (4th command in the list). In that select Export Web Template. In the next screen, give your data binding. By default it will be exported to PDF. You can change that to Excel or CSV. Give header n footer etc..

You can do the similar with the Link item.

Create a new post if you have more doubts.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will find a step by step guide on how to create a buttom to get a PDF files here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b2/e50138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

-> Business Intelligence : Overview -> Step-by-step: From the Data Model to the BI Application in the .. -> Creating Web Application

former_member595061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

In the export dialog do you have set 'fit to page width' or 'fit to page'? Then all columns should be displayed at once.

Regards,

Janine