cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

company code in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can we keep the company code "blank" at header level of PO, while creating a PO?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

A PO should be blonging to one company code and one plant and same location.In our concern we are following like that.we can eliminate the confusion and query for filtering.

Thanks

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You should know the reasons for the same....

Company code is the accounting unit...when you make the PO and assign the company code in it, you make it liable to valuation (may be valuated or non-valuated) in the Inventory management...

In the simple words, you can say that when the GR and IR is done for the PO, at that time, there are different posting done to the different accounts.....and all these datas are managed at company code level in the SPRO....

So for proper assignments, its cumplusory to enter the company code in the PO...

Hope it clears your doubt....

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for ur reply.

Our requirement is that we are creating Purchase order for multiple line items. EAch line item belongs to different company code (ofcourse we will assign plant at line item level)

This is causing some problem in invoice verification. Because of this we are exploring whether we can keep company code at header level in PO as blank.

Any more suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Re:

Our requirement is that we are creating Purchase order for multiple line items. EAch line item belongs to different company code (ofcourse we will assign plant at line item level)

You have to create different PO's for different line items belonging to different company codes.You can not create one PO for different company codes.

Hope it helps..

Tx

Uts

Award if helpfull

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Our requirement is that we are creating Purchase order for multiple line items. EAch line item belongs to different company code

Since Company Code Field is Header Level Data, You can not Keep the Company Code Field Blank. It is Better to Create Different Purchase Orders with Different Company Codes.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the company code at header level is only used for the conditions at header level and to determine the house currency.

the company code at header level can be different from company code that is determined thru the plant at item level.

However, you have to have a company code at header level.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me know i was wrong.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No your info was not wrong. I just added background.

Even it is possible to create POs for multiple plants and company codes, I try to avoid a mixture as well.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Company Code is Mandatory while Creating the Purchase Order. You Cannot Skip / Keep the Field Blank..

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, the company code is to be filled in PO.