cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

demo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the XI demo CheckFlightSeatAvailability integration scenario for proxy-to-proxy.

throughout the demo configuration I have not seen any references to the receiver's function call. How does the airline application component execute its logic?

In general, in a proxy-to-proxy integration scenario, how do I configure what function the receiver need to execute?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you call transaction SPROXY in the receiver system, you can see the ABAP code which is linked to the inbound interface.

In the demo example you find the inbound interface in Software component SAP BASIS 6.40 in namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/Demo/Airline.

You can navigate here until you enter the code.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kirk,

You do not need to mention what function to execute, because you can generate only one proxy (ABAP Class and EXECUTE method). In case of demo, SAP already generated it and when you use the message type in the configuration, that will automatically determine the generated ABAP Method to execute.

If you need more clarification let me know.

Regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the clarification.

I need to have XI call an existent BAPI (using the proxy-to-proxy integration scenario). what is the process to create an ABAP server proxy from an existent BAPI? is there a tool I can use to select the BAPI I want to be called, and then a proxy is created automatically? Do I need to install the ABAP proxy in the SAP system where the BAPI exists?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

Refer this weblogs:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Regards

Suraj

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

This is not done automatically. You need to code this by yourself. You can look at the demo example proxies how to achieve that, as there is a BAPI called inside.

And yes, you have to generate the proxies and enter the code in the SAP system, where the BAPI exists. If this system is 4.6 or less, then it is impossible.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

the demo assumes XI and SAP are on the same logical system.

If XI and SAP are on different systems, I would need to transport the ABAP proxy interface and implementation to the SAP system?

If I do that, how would XI know where the BAPI is located so that it can call it?