Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with the Component Reuse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a standard component by

copying into a Z component(why because to add some additional UI elements ) and using it in my present component as a used component.

My requirements are..

1) i want to use the view of used component in my present component.

for that i created a view in my present comp and placed a ViewContainerUI element and embed the view Of used component.

the problem is, the used component has an Empty view as start up .. i am also getting the empty view.

if i change the default plug of interface view.. the view is showing up but the functionality has changed like all UI elements are not showing up.

how to overcome this?

2) In my present comp along with the ViewContainerUI element ..i placed a check box and a date input field.

The ViewContainerUI Element consists of select options and a start button coming from the used component.

Now i want to enable the Start button when and only when i select check box,enter the value into date field and enter some value in select option. otherwise i have to disable the Start button.

3) how to navigate from used component view to present component view if i click on button which is in used comp view.

how to achieve this...? hope u understand my requirements..

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Edited by: Lakshmi Atukury on Oct 4, 2008 2:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

I think you dont need to create a z component .you can enhance your existing component(if you enhance you willnot have any of these problems)

check these blogs on how to enhance a component

search for Thomas Weiss blogs on enhancement

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (0)