cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wm movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

What is the difference between ref. Mty and marehouse Mty.

What is the function of 999 Mty.

Can any one please explain this.

Thanks in advance.

IS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With the reference movement type it is used for the link between IM and WM

As the majority of decisions are made at IM level then the movement type in WM could be a generic movement type as the decision has already been made so for instance if you do a 321 in IM to release stock from status 'Q' you could have a 309 movement type in WM

The same with 322,343,344,349,350 etc.

movement type 309 in WM will work for all of these.

The 999 movement type in WM is normally used for bin to bin transfers as they are not linked to IM

If you have 100 pieces in IM which is actually 10 X 10 in WM and you want to move 10 from one bin to another then 999 is used and there is no link to IM as IM does not care where you put them. IM is only concerned when you increase stock or decrease stock or change the status of stock and these have specific movement types that are initiated in IM. Moving stock from bin to bin in WM has no affect in IM as the total is still 100

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Very good explination of IM and WM movements.

Is there a way of reporting on just WM movements?

Can I report on material movements at WM level? I have a requirement to report on the warehouse bin to bin movements. From and to bin for example

Thanks in advance

Darren

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reference movement type is used to link the inventory management movement type with warehouse movemnet type .

When u perform any invenetory management movemnet type, with the help of reference mvt type WM movemnet type is recognized for corresponding IM movt type and populated in the material document.

999 movemnet type in WM is used for internal Warehouse movement in which storage location stock is not affected.Eg: storage type to storage type transfer,storage bin to bin.

999 Wm movt type is not linked to any IM movement type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Warehouse integtated with Inventory management by mvt types:

(i.e) Inventory Mv, type is assigned to Reference Mvt. type, then Reference mvt.type is assigned to Warehouse Mvt. type....

Normally, 999 Mvt.type for inventory difference purposes like physcial inventory and any difference in stock postiong....

I think its helpful for u...

From sas...