cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Different Calendars in one DP Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know that whether it is possible to use different calendars in single planning area ? Will explain the scenario in details as under

We have 3 plants having separate calendars (different weekly offs). Now using single planning area in DP, I have to plan the demand for all the 3 plants in weekly buckets.So I need to refer to 3 different calendars in single planning area. Is this possible in DP ? As far as I know, we can attach only one fiscal year variant to the planning area through storage bucket profile. Also in this case, the system do not refer to public holiday calendar there by assuming all day working except the weekly off.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

That is true, you can not assign more that one fiscal Year variant in Storage Bucket profile. But you can select different periodicity for the storage bucket profile.

e.g. Day,week,Month,Posting period etc.

With the help of Time bucket profile, you can use these different periodicity. Assign these Time Bucket to different data view under one planning book.

May this information help you.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujay for immediate reply. The time bucket profile will just help me see the data in different buckets say Daily, weekly or monthly. However this still doesn't solve my problem. As only 1 Fiscal Year Variant is attached to the storage bucket profile, the system still will read the same profile for all the plants & will assume the same weekly off for all the plants which is not true in reality.

Any other suggestion for considering different weekly offs for different plants in the same planning area ?

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

It is not possible to attach 3 calendar to single planning area ,yaa you can use time stream ids which are linked to calendars to further enhance the periodicity of the planning area and bring into consideration the Holidays and weekends as per timestream calendars.(/SAPAPO/TR32 - Periodicities for Planning Area )

Manish