cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest the choice between eSOA and MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a SAP XI Consultant with 2yr of experience. Now I want to update my NW skill. I have chosen two options: eSOA or MDM. Can anybody suggest me which option is better match for me. Prior to XI, I have Java experience.

Please let me know how will be the demand in future for MDM-XI combination and for eSOA-XI combination.

Thank you.

Regards

Bhanu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ESOA stands for a wide range of scope and MDM stands for a vertical scope.

ESOA will be cover a wide range of topics and its future are big compared to MDM, however it does not mean that MDM has limited scope. MDM is a very good profession where if you like to work with enterprise data capture, extraction, purification and distribution.

In my experience, ESOA and generally SOA will have immediate and wide range of opportunities but MDM will have selective opportunities.

Based on your explanation of experience with JAVA and XI, I recomend to concentrate on following items

1. Netweaver as a platform, SAP will bring Netweaver as a super platform and JAVA will play a BIG role.

2. XI will emerge as a super Enterprise Service Bus and Enterprise Repository.

3. XI will leverage all the WS and XML standards which will provide you a chance to work very close with whatever happening out there in the market.

MDM will put you in a vertical silo and limited opportunities, however it does not mean that it is a wrong track.

Thanks

Answers (0)