cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transform a Package name z_ABC to its new name /TEST/ABC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

For a few time we got a namespace like /TEST/ in our new SAP-system.

The Problem is, that we have implemented our package z_ABC in our old system R/3.

Now, we want first change the z_ABC Package to /TEST/ABC.

The Problem is : that I don't want creating all the DDIC-elements, FM ... per hands.

I'm just looking for a methode that make me change the package name.

Also,

I exported our z_ABC package to the new ERP-System and I configurated the namespace /TEST/ giving the license and the reparatur license.

How can I now change the old package z_ABC to /TEST/ABC ?

Do I need a license or something like that.

Or must I do it per hand.

Oh, it will take a very very long time.

Thanks,

Kais

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kais

Change the package in system ALPHA and retransport this will overwrite the content and z_ABC will be changed to /TEST/ABC. This will work as i understand your requirement and i have done this when i got into this problem

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Thanks for your respond.

I actually have another Problem, I can't use the Namespace on the System ALPHA.

Because I don't have a license to add the Namespace.

I only add it on the system BETA.

Ok, If I add the new namespace on the System ALPHA and change the package name and Transport it.

Will I continue to implement it on the System BETA or it will be complicated like I've restrained changing.

I also want to keep on the system ALPHA the old Package z_ABC and get a copy of it called /ZTEST/ABC and transport it then to System BETA.

But, before it, I need to resolve the problem of the Namespace.

Thanks A Lot.

Regards,

Kais

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kais

yes you can keep z_ABC and a copy /ZTEST/ABC on system ALPHA and transport to BETA

Adding namespace in ALPHA will bring the change as well to system BETA while importing

License issue you need to resolve

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

But how can I do that?

My Problem I can't change the package name on /ZTEST/ABC on the system ALPHA.

Because, I don't have a license for the namespace.

And on the marketplace there's no installationnumber of the system ALPHA, so I can't generate a license for the namespace.

I only have a license for the namespace on the system BETA.

And I don't know how to proceed.

I mean, what should I do.

I have a copy of the package on system BETA and I want to make a copy of it and change it to /ZTEST/ABC because I'm allowed there to use the namespace.

The only thing that when I want changing the package the system tell me that the package it's origine is on another system and in the fact I'm only allowed to make some repair changes.

Because of the Repair license I suppose.

So, this is how it look like.

Best Regards,

Kais

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are transporting from ALPHA to BETA, and you want BETA to be the original system, AND you want them to be in different package, use a TRANSPORT WITH RELOCATION.

From the help here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/38e1a94eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Relocations with package change

You can use this request type when you want to change the development system of individual objects on a permanent basis.

This request type allows you to change the original location of objects to the target system and change the package of the objects at the same time.

The package is changed automatically. If you choose a suitable package, the objects have the right transport attributes immediately after you import them into the target system of the request. Here you can edit them in transportable change requests without needing to make any further settings.

Also, have a look at the tools in SE03. They allow you to change original system and package for objects as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can change the package name

goto Se80

Select Program from dropdown

Give the program name and display icon

Right click on programOther functions>object directory entry-->change mode or F6

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I'm really not sure about that.

As I specified before.

The package was implemented on another system ALPHA and we have now migrated our package to a new system BETA.

The Problem that we couldn't change the package on system BETA and we also need to change its name from z_abc to /TEST/ABC.

The only possibility is to create the package /TEST/ABC and to copy everything from the begining.

I mean COPY & PAST.

I'm looking for a method to improve this because I don't want to pass the hole weekend coping and passing.

Why there's no method for this.

Normally should SAP take this in account.

ps. Is there anyone that really know this problem.

Regards,

Kais